VF ENGINEERING SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM BMW M3 (E36) (VFE-SCK-E36M3-OBD1)
Vendor: VF Engineering
Available: In stock
SKU: Vac Motorsport-VFE-SCK-E36M3-OBD1-1
On all products!
60 days return policy
With a heavy focus on sound engineering, VF offers the total package with reliability and power
|One of our favorite kit manufactures; VF Engineering combines a proven, powerful, reliable and rebuildable Vortech blower, with in-house developed plumbing and VF-exclusive ECU software.
We started working closely with VF several years ago and we have a growing history of awesome project cars and results with their kits.
New in for the E36 kit in 2013 is revised software and the addition of a Hex Cable, included for these BMW applications: that meansEVERYTHING is now in one box, your ECU does not need to be sent out for you to reprogram your cars ECU on the spot!
VF-Engineering chose to supercharge the BMW 3-series to improve throttle response and mid-to-top end power with the centrifugal Vortech supercharger. Maintaining the the original BMW quality, smoothness and reliability were the key factors in the VF design. VF have harnessed reliability of Vortech superchargers with their 10 years of supercharging experience and worldwide OEM supply contacts to create the ultimate supercharger system for the ultimate driver's car.
All key components are 100% made in California. This system has been fully road tested and dyno tuned on both the Mustang MD500AWD and in-house Dynojet 224XLC dynamometers with and without engine load. All kits are setup at 6 psi and create as much, if not more power than similar products running greater levels of boost.
VF engineers spent over 12 months software testing the BMW Bosch and Siemens ECUs and resolved stalling and MAF issues faced by other supercharger systems. Software flash technology and latest BMW file versions have all been employed to provide the cleanest and the most reliable method of software installation. All test cars were put through long term full throttle testing in conditions varying from wet cold climates to hot dry Arizona desert temperature for safe-optimal air fuel ratios and knock activity monitoring. Competently-written ECU software has allowed VF to fully explore the potential of the BMW engine, making over 40% more power in most applications.
VF chose to mount the Vortech supercharger with an in-house CNC machined aluminum bracket system. The unit is positioned in line with the original serpentine belt which is replaced with a longer OEM belt. The key to this design is that the OEM active-spring belt tensioner remains fully functional and eliminates belt slip or the need to manually tension the belt. The supercharger air ducts are custom molded in-house from plastic to give an OEM appearance, quality and fit. The incorporated Bosch boost overrun system is designed for smooth off-throttle cruising and deceleration with clean emissions. The crankcase ventilation system is designed to cope with positive pressure and high flow OEM injectors are supplied to fit as direct replacements without modification to the injector rail. A removable plastic air box is provided with the K&N induction filter for those who use their vehicles in persistently wet climates.
The VF supercharger system remains fully OBD2 compliant and is supported by a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty on the product only. Installation can be performed in approximately 8 hours and is non-intrusive, allowing it to be fully reversible.
Every aspect of this kit has been fully engineered for high quality fitment and highly demanding performance and expectation. VF's in-house horizontal, turning and milling CNC's and plastic molding plant, and Vortech's reliability have been fully exploited to create a product with internationally un-rivaled material technology, quality, and performance.
The US model B30/B32 engine responds extremely well to the introduction of positive pressure. Strong acceleration and smooth power are both exaggerated to a point where one can effortlessly accelerate the car in all gears with no need to downshift... We love this kit because it enhances the engines strong points, while not detracting from the "BMW-ness" of your M3.
This kit is setup to create 6psi manifold pressure at peak boost taking the E36 M3 from 212hp to 302hp at the wheels. This represents and increase of 110hp at the flywheel. Some test cars have yielded power gains of up to 125hp. VF engineers tested and found 6psi to be the optimal induction charge limit without aftercooling.
E36 M3 3.0 (1995 only) - S50us Engine
Expect power in the 350hp/292tq range on 91 octane (AKI) pump gas
E36 M3 3.2 (1996-1999) - S52us Engine
Expect power in the 350hp/295tq range on 91 octane (AKI) pump gas
European models (with S50b30 & S50B32) are not compatible due to their engine variations from the US spec cars.
- VF custom tuned software
- VF ECU-Flash Hex Cable
- RPM limiter increased to 7000 rpm
- Soft rev limiters and top speed governor removed
- Vortech V3 Super Quiet SC trim BLACK finish supercharger
- 1 year unlimited mileage limited product warranty
- VF - CNC machined BLACK 6061 aluminum bracket system
- OEM BMW idler pulleys
- OEM High flow fuel injectors
- VF - Custom molded polypropylene ducting
- VF - Customer tuned supercharger intake
- Bosch overrun bypass valve system
- Custom crank case ventilation system
- 4 ply silicon couplers with OEM screw clamps
- VF - CNC oil fittings with high pressure OEM oil lines
- Replacement OEM serpentine belt
- K&N induction filter with cold air intake and optional air box
- Comprehensive installation CD-ROM
- Compatible with automatic transmission (please specify)
- Precision Made in California, USA
- This product is not compliant with the California Air Resource Board and not for use on public roads in California. This applies to any aftermarket product that does not display a CARB EO#.
- Not all vehicles respond identically to engine modifications which is why it is important to consider the "delta" or relative power increase measured on the same dyno before and after modification.
- Power gains shown by VF have been found to be accurate on test vehicles on 91 octane at sea level, with stock setups (ie throttle body, exhaust system etc). The VF software adapts just as the OEM software and a slight increase in performance may be expected from the use of higher quality fuels such as 93 octane.
- Power gains may vary according to factors such as altitude or vehicle condition. Automatic vehicles are compatible but due to the nature of the transmission, dyno measurements are not made.