ARP Custom Age 625+ Head Stud Kit M50/M52/S50/S52) (ARP-HSK-M50-CA)
Available: In stock
SKU: Vac Motorsport-ARP-HSK-M50-CA
On all products!
60 days return policy
First off, why are head studs better? Despite the fact that BMW engineers some of the worlds most revered engines, during number crunching something always has to be a compromise.
One item that is always found to be a weak point- the OEM hardware. It is definitely sub-par for real performance use under high stress such as modded engines and track use. We use these fasteners on all of our in-house head builds.
Whenever the head is coming off, your switching to forced induction, or if you are simply prepping to drive your car hard; we highly recommend switching to far superior race-grade hardware.
These Head Stud Kits greatly improve reliability; helping to eliminate movement of the of the cylinder head and intern, gasket failure caused by inferior OEM head-bolt stretch.
This is the #1 cause of premature head gasket failure, especially on boosted or high output engines. Though more expensive than OEM, converting to one of our head studs kits will not only give added strength and reliability when its needed most, but provides the most accurate torque readings because studs don’t “twist” into the block; all clamping forces are on one axis, and there is less force exerted on the normally stressed threads of the block. This increases block and hardware life and typically makes the head easier to properly install to the block, a blessing if your head may have to be removed more than once. Especially in the time crunch of racing, when engines are dissembled frequently, studs make removing and installing the cylinder head on to the block a much easier task. By allowing the studs to act as a guide on to the head, your head slides on and off and also ensures proper alignment of the head and gasket for the same reason. It is similar to converting your wheel-bolts to wheel-studs.
ARP is the world leader in fastener technology. Makers of the finest fasteners in the market, especially for BMW engines, ARP is the choice when you want the highest reliability possible. If you are looking for high performance from you BMW engine, than ARP Head Stud Kits are a must. All kits come complete with hardened parallel-ground washers and aerospace quality nuts. Most popular is the full shank ARP 2000 M50-Family Head Stud for high horsepower engines.
- Protects the threads in your engine block.
- 1000% stronger than others
- Trusted around the world by top race teams
- A must for turbo or supercharged applications
ARP M50 HSK part # 201.4603 are available at much reduced price and are suitable for NA (normally aspirated) cars
Q: ARP 2000, L19, Stretch Hardware?... what's important that I should know?
There are only two instances on BMW where this is all important; the M50 family engine including M50, M52 S50us and S52us. The second is the S54
- First, all OE BMW Head stud hardware is stretch type, meaning that once used; it should be discarded as it is no longer capable of doing its job.
- ARP2000 offers improved strength over standard head stud material making it ideal for forced induction and racing use: This is our preferred M50 family head stud.
- L19 head studs for the S54 are used on our high HP builds where more than 600 WHP will be used. These are recommended for our custom and high-HP FI customers
- Aluminum Block Engines Use Raceware Head Stud Kits and must be time-serted for proper installation. Inquire about our Time-Sert kit or our in house proprietary time-serting service.