TSP - Lingenfelter LNC-TC1 Torque Cut Module With RPM Limiter Function (80-L460135297)
Available: In stock
On all products!
30 days return policy
The LNC-TC1 or Torque Cut Module is designed to provide a momentary torque cut on GM LS based engines using the OEM style ignition systems. This momentary torque cut is usually needed when using dog-engagement or other clutchless shift type transmissions. The LNC-TC1 also has an RPM limiter feature that can be used to provide a reliable and fast acting spark based individual cylinder RPM limiter. This RPM limiter can function as a traditional engine RPM limiter or it can function as a 2-step or launch controller in order to provide consistent launch RPM off the line in drag racing and other standing start racing applications.
The RPM limiter and the torque cut functions of the LNC-TC1 act by disabling spark to individual cylinders so the torque cut and 2-Step/Launch Control functions are not meant for use on the street or for use on cars equipped with catalytic converters. The torque cut and 2-Step/ Launch Control functions of the LNC-TC1 are only for use at the race track on race vehicles not equipped with catalysts. Failure to follow these precautions will result in premature catalyst failure.
- Custom molded high temperature glass filled Nylon 6 enclosure with direct access to the controller settings without requiring removal of a cover or access panel
- 40 MHz 16-bit automotive qualified processor with eight channel Enhanced Time Module
- Each coil drive circuit has a dedicated timer to keep the timing accurate over the full RPM range
- Independent coil drive provides Sequential Ignition Kill when RPM limiting is active
- Reverse battery protection
- Both of the activation inputs have active clamps and optical isolation to suppress electrical noise from external solenoids like a transmission brake or line lock
- Digital filter provided in software to further isolate electrical noise on the activation inputs
- Separate RPM x100 and RPM x1000 switches for easy setting adjustments
- RPM limiter activation point can be adjusted from 1500 to 9,900 RPM in 100 RPM increments
- Both Ground Activation and +12 Volt Activation inputs are provided for RPM limit activation
- Load cell inputs allow for adjustable torque cut based on load cell voltage
- Torque cut time ranging from 25ms to 95ms
- Alternate setting to allow for manual control of torque cut with momentary switch, separate controller, etc
- Analog voltage output wire for sending torque cut signal to data acquisition systems like EFILive HPTuners or DashDAQ
- True plug-and-play coil pack connection design for ease of installation and removal
- Fully encapsulated (potted) construction for added durability
- One year warranty from date of purchase
Load cell shift knob or lever input configuration:
The LNC-TC1 is designed to work with a 5 volt powered load cell with a 2.5V centering voltage and +/-2.0V span. The load cell can be directional or nondirectional. The LPE load cells provide directional output. LPE offers two different versions of this type of load cell. The first is a shift knob part number L350170000. Your other choice is an intermediate load cell adapter that installs in between your shifter mechanism or lever and the shift knob. The intermediate load cell part number is L350180000.