Mishimoto - Mazda Miata Thermostatic Oil Cooler Kit, 1999–2005 ( MMOC-MIA-99)
Available: In stock
SKU: Mishimoto- MMOC-MIA-99
On all products!
60 days return policy
Mazda Miatas love track days, but with hot laps come hot oil temperatures. High oil temps can be detrimental to a vast majority of engine components, and a fried piston ring can turn your fun track day and into a costly repair. NB Miatas come with a stock liquid-to-liquid oil cooler, which is sufficient for daily driving, but just doesn’t cut it when it comes to more spirited driving.
During testing, this Miata oil cooler kit dropped oil temperatures 10°F (5.6°C) when tested on a 65 mph highway cruise. This Miata oil cooler set-up is definitely going to come in handy when you’re redlining your engine around the track. The design of the mounting bracket serves as ducting to channel air to the cooler, and it mounts the cooler away from the front bumper to save room for an intercooler. And who doesn’t want an intercooler, a turbo, and other forced induction bits? Speaking of forced induction, turbos can also heat-up oil, which makes an oil cooler a vital addition to your boosted Miata.
This Miata oil cooler kit features a billet aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate to ensure that your oil reaches optimum temperature before flowing to the cooler. Overcooled oil can be just as dangerous as overheated oil, making this feature especially important in colder climates. This Miata oil cooler kit also comes with pre-made stainless steel braided lines with durable -10AN fittings and the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty, so you can depend on this cooler as much as you depend on your roadster.
- Direct fit for the 1999–2005 Mazda Miata NB
- Reduces oil temperatures by 10°F (5.6°C)
- Mounting brackets also serve as ducting to channel air to cooler
- Minimal pressure drop
- Works with most aftermarket turbo kits
- Pre-made stainless steel braided oil lines with durable -10AN fittings
- Billet aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate allows oil to reach optimum temperature
- Cooler available in either Sleek Silver or Stealth Black
- Increases oil capacity by 0.5 qt
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
NoteRecommended torque specification for all straight fittings and banjo bolts: 15-25 ft/lbs (operating range). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 ft/lbs.
The installation of this kit requires cutting the plastic undertray. OEM part number for plastic undertray is NA01-56-111F.
During our testing, we had no issues with oil cooler damage, but if concerned, we recommend purchasing window screen or chicken wire to provide additional protection to the oil cooler core.
Engine Codes1.8L BP
Install Torque SpecsRecommended torque specification for all straight fittings and banjo bolts: 15-25 ft/lbs (operating range). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 ft/lbs.
CautionIt is the installer's responsibility to check all thermostat plugs, NPT plugs, line fittings, and other connections to assure they are fully tightened before operating the vehicle. Mishimoto recommends that you check all connections at regular intervals, especially during the first few miles after installation. For additional technical information, click here to contact us.
Increase In Oil Capacity0.5 qt
Purchase Includes(2) Application Specific Mounting Brackets
(2) Application Specific Oil Cooler Ducts
(1) 10-Row Oil Cooler (Silver or Black)
(1) 1ft Stainless Steel Braided Hose w/ 120 Degree -10AN Fittings
(1) 1ft 9.5in Stainless Steel Braided Hose w/ 90 Degree and 120 Degree -10AN Fittings
(1) M20 Thermostatic Sandwich Plate
(1) M20 Stainless Steel Sandwich Plate Adapter
(2) M20 x -10AN Straight Fittings
(1) Large O-ring
(1) Mounting Hardware Set
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty