Mishimoto - Honda Civic Type R Direct-Fit Oil Cooler Kit, 2017+ (MMOC-CTR-17T)
Available: In stock
On all products!
60 days return policy
Nothing puts a damper on a day at the track with your 2017+ Honda Civic Type R quite like cutting your track time short due to overheating. It’s no secret now that the FK8 struggles to keep the temperatures of its fluids at the correct level. We here at Mishimoto decided to take some of the heat off the K20C1 with the Honda Civic Type R Direct-Fit Oil Cooler Kit.
Honda fitted this engine with a liquid-to-liquid stacked plate oil cooler from the factory. During normal driving on a factory tune, this can retain proper oil temperatures. However, once the CTR is put into the environment it was intended for, or with the addition of an aggressive tune, this stock unit can’t keep up.
The Mishimoto Direct-Fit Oil Cooler Kit gives the stock system a hand by adding a 19-row air-to-air cooler into the system, which utilizes the FK8’s sculpted and aero-centric front bumper to drop oil temperatures by 15°F. This cooler is held in place by a pair of application-specific brackets, designed to keep proper airflow through the front wheel well. Your Civic’s oil is securely transported to and from the cooler by way of sturdy stainless steel braided lines featuring durable -AN fittings. The 2017+ Honda Civic Type R Oil Cooler Kit is designed as a thermostatic kit to eliminate the potential of overcooling, and with the option of a silver or black cooler. As with all of our products, this kit also includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a worry-free installation.
- Direct fit for the 2017+ Honda Civic Type R
- Reduces oil temperatures by 15°F
- Minimal pressure drop
- Application-specific brackets designed to retain proper airflow to wheel well
- Direct-fit stainless steel braided oil lines with durable -AN fittings
- 19-row stacked plate oil cooler for optimal fluid temperature reduction
- Billet aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate
- Increases oil capacity by .65 qt
- Retains the use of the stock liquid-to-liquid oil cooler unit
- Available in silver or black
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
NoteThis oil cooler kit retains the use of your stock liquid-to-liquid oil cooler unit
Recommended torque specification for all straight fittings and banjo bolts: 15-25 ft-lbs (operating range). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 ft-lbs.
Pressure Drop3-5 psi
Install Torque SpecsRecommended torque specification for all straight fittings and banjo bolts: 15-25 ft-lbs (operating range). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 ft-lbs.
CautionIt is the installer's responsibility to check all thermostat plugs, NPT plugs, line fittings, and other connections to assure they are fully tightened before operating the vehicle. Mishimoto recommends that you check all connections at regular intervals, especially during the first few miles after installation. For additional technical information, contact email@example.com.
Increase In Oil Capacity0.65 qt
Purchase Includes(2) Application-Specific Mounting Brackets
(1) 19-Row Oil Cooler
(1) 4' Stainless Steel Braided Hose with 90° and 120° -10AN Fittings
(1) 3', 8" Stainless Steel Braided Hose with 90° and 120° -10AN Fittings
(1) Thermostatic Sandwich Plate with adapter
(2) M20 x -10AN Straight Fittings
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty