The Mahle PowerPak is a complete, race proven piston assembly kit composed of hand deburred, forged, performance coated pistons, high-quality steel pins, round wire locks and low drag performance rings. Performance coatings include a phosphate dry lubricant that is used to protect against ring micro-welding and pin galling during initial startup and break-in. For additional performance, Mahle applies its proprietary Grafal anti-friction coating to each piston skirt.
- Forged Aluminum Pistons
- CNC machined crown
- Hand deburred finishing
- Forced pin oiling with machined drain backs
- Lightweight slipper skirt forgings
- CNC finished pin bores
- Forced Pin Oiling
- Race Proven, reliable round wire locks, standard with every kit
- Pre-fitted German steel pins noted for their high strength, lightweight, and durability
- Phosphate coating - provides the grey appearance to the Mahle piston. This dry lubricant coating (not to be confused with a thermal film coating) provides a lubricant film in the pin bores and ring grooves until the oil system of the engine reached operating pressure; particularly useful during the initial start-up or break-in of engines to protect against galling and micro welding. Piston crown remains machineable.
- Mahle's Grafal Skirt Coating - Reduces drag, scuffing, friction and cylinder bore wear; reduces piston noise.
- Precision ring grooves for included piston rings