E30 MegaSquirt Plug-N-Play Standalone Engine Management System Gen 2 (M20, M30, S38) (EMP-NPSEMSG2)
Vendor: Condor Speed Shop
Available: In stock
SKU: Condor Speed Shop-EMP-NPSEMSG2
On all products!
60 days return policy
Plug-N-Play Standalone Engine Management System
With the MegaSquirtPNP EMS, we've simply taken all of the wiring homework and labor out of the project for you. We provide you with a solid base map to tune from to make your installation and tuning process go incredibly smoothly whether you're a super technical computer-geek or just a gear-head... now you've got no more excuses... get yours and get tuning!
Easy to Use and Install!
- Fully Plug and Play Installation - No wiring required for basic functionality. Average install time is under 1 hour!
- M20 base maps are pre-loaded to help your engine start on the first turn of the key (other model base maps included on CD)
- Real-time tuning and data logging with a laptop connection
- Supports most aftermarket wideband sensors
Fully Tunable Engine Control!
- 16x16 Fuel Tables allow high-resolution tuning
- 12x12 Ignition Tables
- Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
- Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
- Air Conditioner Control
- Bank to bank fuel control with stock wiring, or 3 channel semi-sequential fueling with minor wiring changes
- Onboard peak and hold drivers support both high and low impedance injectors - No external ballast resistor is needed!
- Allows removal of stock airflow meter
Advanced Feature Set (Included!)
- 12x12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with a wideband O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
- Built-in 2-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift
- Real-time barometric correction
- Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
- Overboost protection
- Closed loop boost control (Requires DIYAutoTune.com EBC solenoid kit)
- Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity
- Headphone output for knock sensor - listen for knock while you tune!
- Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
- Input for flex fuel sensor - switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
- CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors.....the possibilities are limitless!
What you get in the box:
- MegaSquirtPNP B8793 ECU
- MSPNP RS232 serial tuning cable, 6' (USB adapter sold separately if needed)
- Tuning Software and Documentation CD with TunerStudio Lite
- 6' Vacuum Hose for MAP Signal and 'T' fitting
- Four Screws for ECU mounting
Fits multiple BMW models:
- 1987-1992 325i (E30 Chassis with M20)
- 1988-1992 735 (E32 Chassis with M30)
- 1989-1990 525 (E34 Chassis with M20)
- 1989-1993 535 (E34 chassis with M30)
- 1991-1993 M5 (E34 chassis with S38)
Here is a partial list of DME (stock ECU) part numbers that this ECU can swap out for.
0 261 200 150, 0 261 200 153, 0 261 200 154, 0 261 200 173, 0 261 200 179, 0 261 200 350, 0 261 200 351, 0 261 200 380, 0 261 200 524, 0 261 200 525, 0 261 200 526
Note that this does not fit 325e models with the eta engine (except the 1987 "Super Eta"), nor the 1992 E36 chassis 325i with the M50
Also, this MSPNP may not work with automatic transmissions on the E34 or E32 chassis, which rely on the fuel consumption signal for the transmission computer (we haven't tested this yet to see if it is an issue). Automatic-equipped E30s used a hydraulic transmission control that isn't an issue.
Although there is a paid upgrade to TunerStudio, it is not needed to tune this ECU. The free version included on the CD can access all the features and tables of the MegaSquirtPNP. The paid version of TunerStudio simply adds tuning and analysis software, such as VE Analyzer Live to tune the fuel tables based on wideband O2 feedback (requiring a wideband O2 sensor and controller, sold separately).
- Open element GM Intake Air Temperature Sensor
- If you want the ECU to control boost, you will need a boost solenoid.
- We also recommend purchasing a high-quality wideband sensor.