VAC Motorsports - BMW E46 MULTI LAYERED STEEL HEAD (GASKET (MLS)
Vendor: VAC Motorsport
Available: In stock
On all products!
60 days return policy
The permanent fix for BMW Head Gasket issues
Our VAC Spec E46 Multi Layered Steel Head Gaskets are designed to withstand much higher combustion pressures than OE factory head gasket, as well as other conventional or modified head gaskets.
Made to the finest specifications and run all around the world on the street and in various motorsports; they are made from a minimum of 5 layers of which the outer layers are coated with a patented type of material to ensure proper sealing of fluids. This design ensures a complete combustion chamber seal and elimination of failure due to weak factory gaskets blowing out under boost or high performance use.
In accordance to SpecE46 Rules 9.6: Head gasket may be replaced with any gasket having the same or greater compression thickness as stock. Other engine gaskets and seals may be replaced.
As the M54 family of engines is part of the newer generation BMW engines that adopt OEM thickness of .030", so we offer these BMW Spec E46 Head Gaskets in thicknesses from .030" up to .120". -Anything over .080" will be special order and we may not have it in stock.
We use these MLS gaskets on every performance engine we build.
- OE Spec E46 size is expressed as .030"
- Good when you need to drop, or equalize compression
- Specify above if other than stock thickness is required
- Does not damage head or block like cutting ring gaskets
- Fits All BMW Spec E46 applications
- We stock .030 through .080 to accommodate most all needs, thicker sizes are special order.
With our wide variety of in-stock gaskets, worrying about having a custom gasket made is no longer an issue. For special needs, please call (215) 462-4666 or-email.
VAC Tech & Install Notes:
- We strongly recommend the use of ARP studs when fastening the head to the block with an MLS gasket for best results.
- No silicone or gasket maker should be used along with these gaskets, except on timing case covers, etc.
- Our MLS gaskets go on dry. Copper spray is OK, but is not needed / recommended.
- For best possible results, your cylinder head mating surface must be clean and professionally resurfaced.