AutoMeter - 2-5/8" PEDESTAL TACHOMETER, 0-5,000 RPM, DIESEL, ULTRA-LITE (3788)
Available: In stock
On all products!
60 days return policy
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined. The patented air core meter movement, wound in house to exacting standards, can move the needle from 0 - 5,000 rpm in 333 milliseconds. An inaugural inductee to the Hot Rod Speed Parts Hall of Fame, no other tachometer on the market has had anything approaching its impact on professional racing. Built for a lifetime of service under the harshest conditions, this is the no compromise tach for no compromise builds. When you’re ready for the best, there isn’t another choice.
Hooking up a tach on a diesel can be challenging due to the lack of ignition system. Solutions up to this point have been complicated and temperamental. AutoMeter makes the process incredibly easy and affordable with this tachometer that utilizes an inductive pick-up. Simply attach the included pickup to the outside of the alternator and calibrate with a rotary dial on the back of the tach. It will work just about any engine with a crank driven alternator, not limited to only diesel applications.
- AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric tachometers provide quick and accurate readings with a needle so responsive it can go from 0 - full scale in 333 milliseconds
- Great for diesel applications
- Gauge kit includes alternator pickup, bulb and socket assembly, red and green bulb covers, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates around the perimeter of the dial
Bulb & Socket
- Red 3214 & Green 3215