Achilles Motorsports - Oil Pan Baffle E36, Z3 - BMW M50, M52, S50, S52us (11-AM-OPB)
Vendor: Achilles Motorsports
Available: In stock
SKU: Achilles Motorsports-11-AM-OPB
On all products!
60 days return policy
The Achilles Motorsports Oil Pan Baffle was designed and manufactured to be used on racing, high performance track and street driven cars. Each baffle is precision laser cut from .090" heat treated aluminum then hand assembled and test fit to ensure accuracy and the easy of installation. Our baffle design incorporates dual trap doors and a unique oil deflector that prevents oil from splashing out of the sump under hard braking. Together these help minimizes sloshing of the oil inside the oil pan and keep oil accumulated around your pickup tube.
The factory BMW oil pan doesn't do a very good job of keeping oil accumulated around the oil pick up tube in high g-force situations. By keeping oil accumulated around the pickup tube you can eliminate the costly loss of oil pressure and potential damage to other vital engine parts commonly caused by the high g-forces, hard acceleration, braking and high speed cornering.
Professional welding is required for installation
Please call or email for details
Fits the Following Vehicles & Engines
- 1995 - 1999 BMW E36 M3
- 1992 - 1998 BMW E36 323i, 325i, 325is, 328i, 328is Coupe, Convertible, Sedan
- 1996 - 2000 BMW Z3 2.5, 2.8 Coupe, Roadster(M52 Engine) Coupe, Roadster
- 1998 - 2000 BMW Z3M M Coupe M Roadster (S52 Engine)
- BMW M50
- BMW M52
- BMW S50
- BMW S52US
- At the same time, while the oil pan is removed we HIGHLY RECOMMEND upgrading your factory oil pump with our Achilles Motorsport Upgraded Oil Pump. After witnessing several instances with sheered off oil pump shafts or the oil pump nut coming loose resulting in instant loss of oil pressure we decided to come up with a solution - Don't let it happen to you!
- Also recommended is the installation of our Achilles Motorsports Reinforced Oil Pick-up Tube. After several years of racing with these engines(M50/M52/S50/S52us) we found out the harsh vibration and harmonics due to stiffer engine and transmission mounts can also lead to the cracking of the oil pickup tube. The cracks develop at the end of the suction tube allowing the oil pump to suck air creating an instant loss of oil pressure! We developed a reinforcement kit to prevent these sort of issues. We also sell the modified/reinforced tube.