Achilles Motorsports - Dry Sump Kit - BMW E46 M3 Z3M Z4M S54 Engine (11-AM-DSKS54)
Vendor: Achilles Motorsports
Available: In stock
SKU: Achilles Motorsports-11-AM-DSKS54
On all products!
60 days return policy
After competing for several years in the 25 Hour of Thunderhill extreme endurance race, as well as other venues (BMW CCA, NASA, USTCC, Grand-Am etc.) we have learned a lot about the S54 engines. We learned a lot about their strengths and weakness when used as sprint or enduro racing applications. They are fantastic engines but in order to safely maintain a high level of power and high RPM we found they survive best when converted to a dry sump system.
The Achilles Motorsports Dry Sump Kit will help to maintain the best lubrication and oil pressure under hard acceleration, braking, cornering and extreme track temperatures.
- Increased Oil Capacity - Since the oil is stored in an external tank you can make the capacity as large as you would like which can help to keep engine and oil temps lower.
- Oil Management - In a typical wet sump system the oil is free to slosh around the oil pan which can lead to a sudden drop of pressure in high g-force corners or under heavy breaking. The dry sump system ensures there is always a positive feed of oil into the engine under all track conditions. The dry sump pump also scavenges the oil from the bottom of the crankcase to ensure there is never too much oil accumulating around the crankshaft which can slow it down and rob horsepower.
- Lower Engine Height - Without the large wet sump type oil pan the engine is able to be mounted lower in the chassis helping to lower the vehicles center of gravity.
- 2001 - 2006 BMW E46 M3 Coupe, Convertible
- 2001 - 2002 BMW Z3M* Z3 M Coupe, Z3 M Roadster (Models Equipped with S54 only)
- 2006 - 2008 BMW Z4M Z4 M Coupe, Z4 M Roadster
- S54 Engine